Have you ever thought about washing your face with oil?
Well, you might be pleasantly surprised to find that washing your face with oil on a regular basis is an effective way to remove makeup, dirt, sweat, and excess sebum, hydrate your skin, and improve acne.
Many types of oil — especially those rich in ricinoleic acid such as castor oil, and those rich in linoleic acid, such as safflower, grapeseed, and sunflower oil — have antioxidant, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory properties when used topically. That means better hydration, plumper skin with fewer fine lines, and expedited healing of acne lesions.
Water cannot dissolve oil, so most cleansers use chemicals to strip it away. But that process can leave skin depleted, so it may actually produce more oil to compensate for the moisture you’ve removed. Cleansing your face with oil leaves it supple and dewy.
Getting that nourished glow requires a couple of ingredients, but it is easy to make and much more affordable than most beauty products out there! Get your DIY on!
CHOOSE YOUR BLEND:
- Oily Skin: Try a blend of 30% castor oil to 70% sunflower seed oil.
- Balanced Skin: Try a blend of 20%castor oil to 80% sunflower seed oil.
- Dry Skin: Try a blend of 10% castor oil to 90% sunflower seed oil.
- Pour cleansing oils in a small glass bottle
- Mix it up thoroughly
- Massage the oil it into your skin for about a minute
- Steam your face with very warm washcloth until cloth cools
- Wipe off the oil with the cooled washcloth